Saturday, May 12, 2012

book 18


Bitter is the New Black
Jennifer Lancaster

Bitter is the New Black was a great read.  Very funny, attention-holding, and full of energy, it kept my attention thoroughly.  I understand that Jen Lancaster has written a couple other memoirs, but I'm not sure I will read them.. seems a little too much for me - like who needs to write three memoirs, really?

Anyway, I digress.

What I really loved about this film was the moral of the story - Lancaster lives this insane lifestyle of spending nonstop, needing to have the best of the best, and when she loses her job and finds herself in a very bad situation, she looks back and thinks "Why did I think buying this stuff was a good idea?"  I can relate to this sentiment.  Though I am quite lucratively employed, I seem to always have financial problems, and when I look around at the stuff I own it's insanely frustrating.

Lancaster has sharp wit and makes keen observations.  Although I can't imagine working with her or for her, or even socializing with her, I enjoyed her book.  I really think I would hate her as a person, but her story was good and I would highly recommend it to people who enjoy laughing or who overspend as a life lesson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment