Friday, July 27, 2012

book 27

Faking It by Elisa Lorello
288 pages


I purchased Faking It because I'm a Long Island girl.  I was very interested in reading a book that took place in my backyard (although I live in NJ now, I pretty much conduct 95% of my life on LI still).  I enjoyed reading about places I've frequented and that was nice.  Otherwise I wasn't terribly impressed.  I wasn't BORED, and I kept on reading (as always), but nothing about the story really enamored me of the characters or the tale being told.  I didn't think the story was especially believable.  I don't know if life is really like Andi's.  I enjoyed the writing in that it was extremely well-written and the characters were well-developed and generally likable.  However, nothing really GRABBED me.  I didn't feel for Andi much.  She kind of annoyed me.  I wasn't compelled to root for her.  The Devin character was somewhat believable, but the end result wasn't.  I'm trying not to give anything away here so what's happening is I'm being extremely vague.

Overall I would recommend this book to people who are interested in grammatically correct, technical fiction.  If you want a lazy, fun read, grab a Kinsella or a Weiner instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment