Wednesday, August 8, 2012

book 28

Sleeping Arrangements by Madeline Wickham
320 pages


Sleeping Arrangements was what I expected. It is typical Wickham, which I enjoy, so there isn't much to say.  It wasn't too obvious, which was nice.

Chloe is a dressmaker in a long-term partnership with her guy Philip.  They and their two children are about to embark on a much needed holiday to Spain, they have much stress in their lives and are looking forward to the getaway.  Hugh and Amanda are married with two little girls and live a very different lifestyle than Chloe and Philip.  Their worlds will collide when they arrive at the villa in Spain to find it double-booked, but that's not the only surprise that will be forthcoming.

I didn't feel like I was constantly predicting what would happen next although it did fit into the genre nicely (which overall is a bit predictable).  I read Sleeping Arrangements really quickly, and I wanted to keep going to see what would happen and how things would turn out.  The subject matter is adult, full of adult choices and sort of real.

Definitely would recommend for a nice beach read!

No comments:

Post a Comment