Sunday, August 26, 2012

book 30


Swapping Lives by Jane Green
416 pages

Unfortunately, I finished this book over a week ago and didn't get around to the review until now so it's not really fresh in my head.  I did like it, and I breezed through it like all the other chick-lit books I ever read.  I really like Jane Green, and I like her style.  This book narrates a little differently, and I enjoyed that.  It felt almost like we were watching things unfold, it was a little different than I'm used to and a pleasant change.

One thing really annoyed me: TWO characters named Deborah? Really? At first I thought that the Deborah in the US with a British accent would turn out to  be the Same Deborah that does work for Vicky in Poise! magazine, but no.  It was somewhat confusing.  There are gazillions of girls names, why use the same one twice?  UGH.

Otherwise, the premise was actually believable - a mid-30s single London magazine editor swaps lives with a mid-30s American rich housewife to see if the grass is actually greener.  This is all for an article in the magazine.. the two women don't magically wake up in another body, there's no funny business, and it progresses as I would imagine it would have in real life.  I didn't have much reality suspending to do.

I would definitely recommend this book as a good summer read, something easy, light, and great.  Another job well done, Jane Green!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment