Wednesday, August 8, 2012

book 29

Honey On Your Mind by Maria Murnane
298 pages


I love the Waverly Bryson series!  I'm so happy I stumbled on Perfect on Paper a few months back, and I'm thrilled that this has become a series.. I pre-ordered Honey on Your Mind so I could get it the day it was published, and it came last week, and I'm done.  Now I'm a little sad, because I know it will be a minute before the next chapter of Waverly's life begins!!!

I like Waverly because she is real.  I feel like I'm hanging out with her and she's recounting her drama.  I think I probably said that already when reviewing either of the other two books by Maria Murnane, but it's ok.

In Honey on Your Mind, we start out by finding that Waverly's just accepted a job hosting a segment on a new day-time talk show called Love, Wendy.  We already met Wendy Davenport in It's a Waverly Life, so this seemed like a natural progression.  So Waverly is moving across the country to start a new life in New York City, ready to begin a TV career and launch her Honey line.  Being a lifelong New Yorker, I could identify with a lot of what was happening, the locations of course, and the experience.  Although I moved to the city when I was 18 and not 32, it was still a similar experience.

I really love the characters, I love how they've grown, how some of Waverly's annoying quirks have disappeared yet her cute ones remain.  Jake is still fantastic, her friends are moving along in their lives, and it's just very real and believable (except that all of her friends are very successful - either in sports or banking or whatever else it is they do - where is the failure friend hahaha).

I would STILL highly recommend this series, and even more so to see now how things have developed and progressed!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment