Monday, August 27, 2012

movie 18

The Devil Wears Prada

Ok.  So I obviously just finished the book and I thought I could watch the movie right away on demand.  I was excited. I'm like 30 minutes into the movie right now and I'm already disappointed.  I know, that's how the movie always goes.. but seriously.  Emily is a huge bitch, which in the book she was bitchy but somewhat sympathetic.  Here she is British and very mean.  Miranda actually TALKS to Andy, which would never happen in the book.  Alex and Andy live together and there hasn't been anything about his job or the fact that they never see each other.  Lily is practically non-existant.  Andy is mousy and sad instead of being sarcastic and biting.  The current scene is one in which Andy and her people are gathered at a bar and she's actually extolling the virtues of Runway.  NO.

Where is Jeffy?  Why does Nigel have a significant role?  Why does Christian have a different last name?

Wait, Alex (is that EVEN his name? Because it's not been said yet) is a chef? Really?  No, he's a teacher.  UGH. His name is Nate?  What was wrong with Alex?

Why is Andy getting things right?  That's not supposed to happen - the Harry Potter thing is all wrong.

And now Miranda CHOSE to bring Andy to Paris? Wait.  No, Emily gets mono.  This makes me mad. It doesn't really capture the essence of the book AT ALL.

None of this is right.  Read the book.  Skip the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment