Saturday, June 2, 2012

book 20


Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
435 pages

I love Sophie Kinsella's books.  I really do, and there is nothing bad about them, ever.  The only tiny complaint I have is that the main characters are strikingly similar to each other, but since I love them, that's kind of a moot complaint..

I really enjoyed the paranormal take on this story, it was really well done and not cheesy.  I sort of put off reading Twenties Girl for a while because I was genuinely scared that it would be really corny and stupid, because we all know our dead great aunts do not follow us around yelling in our ear.  I was, however, pleasantly surprised.  I don't mind suspending disbelief, but in this case I didn't really have to - it was just natural and Sadie felt like just another character in the book, not a silly ghost.

I would highly recommend this book and I'm so so sad that I have now read everything Kinsella has published.  I guess it's time to try Madeline Wickham!

No comments:

Post a Comment