Saturday, June 30, 2012

book 24


The Wedding Girl by Madeleine Wickham
338 pages

Actually, I wasn't too impressed with The Wedding Girl.  I mean, it was okay but it was VERY unrealistic.  The thought of someone neglecting to admit that she had married someone so he could stay in the country is sort of absurd.. like, if you were getting married, don't you think you might think to yourself "I'd better make sure I'm not still married"????

Milly was an overall likable character (except, of course, for the above mentioned stupidity).  You could get in her corner and hope it all works out for her.  You wanted her to be happy.  Simon was not at all likable, I have no idea what Milly saw in him.. he came across as a brat who would never be happy ever.  Also, the Isobel/Milly relationships weird stuff was just that - weird.  I won't say anything and give it away, but it was bizarre and I don't think I liked it.

I found this bok to be very readable, I finished it quickly and wasn't bored, it was just unrealistic and weird at times.  I hope the other books by Madeleine Wickham have better story lines since I've read all of her work published as Sophie Kinsella already!!!!!!

3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment