Saturday, June 2, 2012

book 21

The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen
377 pages


The Opposite of Me is about sisters and their triumphs and tragedies.  Lindsey and Alex are fraternal twins with nothing in common except having shared a uterus for nine months.  Lindsey is a successful marketing exec in New York, while Alex is a model and TV personality in the DC area.  Lindsey always strived to be smarter than her sister because she was always overlooked since they were small children.  When everything goes terribly wrong at work, Lindsey is forced to make changes she never imagined would happen.  She moves back home to Bethesda and starts her life over, expecting to resume her high powered successul life in DC but life happens and her goals change.

There are some surprising twists and turns in this story. I never had a sister so it was interesting to see these women bond over time.  I don't know what that's like, but apparently they hadn't either until circumstances drove them together.  Some aspects were strange, like Alex dating the guy who had always loved Lindsey - I'm just not sure that's realistic because ladies are territorial and also I think there is some level of disrespect there, but that's just me.

Overall I enjoyed this book and I think four stars is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment