Saturday, June 16, 2012

book 22


Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger
435 pages

Everyone Worth Knowing was a fantastic read.  At first I found it a little slow, but once I got a few chapters in, I could not put the book down.  I had it on me at all times just looking for a free second to devour even one page if that's all I could.  I read Chasing Harry Winston probably two or three years ago and I don't remember being crazy about it, so I had sort of put this book off thinking it wouldn't be my style.  I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find that Everyone Worth Knowing is exactly 100% my style of book.

I loved the theme of romance novels throughout the book.  I feel like maybe these chick-lit books are the new romance novel for a tamer generation of ladies - not that as a whole we are tamer, but for different groups.  Honestly, I couldn't read 50 Shades of Grey - I am way too prudish with my literature and I would feel embarrassed - but these books have just enough sex, yet not too much information to make me feel squeamish.  Bette was extremely likable, as were Penelope and Sammy and Will and Simon.. Weisberger created lifelike characters that had real personality and charm.  The characters that the reader wasn't supposed to like or trust came off as unlikable and untrustworthy.  No one was extremely needy or annoying.  None of the characters had stupid personality traits or ridiculous names (my BIGGEST PET PEEVE!!!!)

Overall this was a FANTASTIC read and I'm so glad I picked it up!  I think I will be giving the other novels by Lauren Weisberger a chance now and I hope they live up to the same standards set by Everyone Worth Knowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment