Sunday, February 12, 2012

book 10

Mr. Maybe by Jane Green
368 pages

Mr. Maybe is a book about a Londoner named Libby, searching for a fling or for love, but getting really confused all the while.  The book begins with Libby seeing this guy Nick who is not at all her type, but who she thinks she can just have a fling with.. The story progresses from there, and is full of laughs.  There aren't really any surprises, but the plot is believable, especially when you are a woman who is beyond the typical married age and obsessed with entering that world.

In the end, I was really pleased with the story.  It wasn't a nail-biter or so awesome that I could hardly put it down, but I was excited to keep reading throughout.  I really enjoy the work of Jane Green, she has a fun writing style and creates characters that are very likable.

I could relate to Libby and sometimes found myself wondering if I am at all similar to her in terms of relationships and even getting a little introspective at times.  I could really understand her desire for the wedding and the life that comes along with being someone's wife, knowing that you will (hopefully) never have to be single again.  So in that respect I really understood the book.  I was also happy with the ending - it was believable, it wasn't some junk that makes you roll your eyes and think "typical" although in some ways it was.

I would definitely recommend Mr. Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment