Saturday, February 25, 2012

movie 6

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

We started watching this movie through the Blu-ray player like a month ago but it kept buffering and we couldn't live like that, so we rented it from Netflix and finally got around to watching it tonight.  I thought it was funny.  I don't really like shooting scenes, though, they give me agita. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang stars RDJ and Val Kilmer.  I think RDJ is very quirky and funny.  Kilmer was also really good.  The female lead was Michelle Monaghan, I don't think I'm familiar with anything else she has done.

My thoughts were as follows:  I did not read the book on which this film was based, so I can't say how it related.  The obvious narration was slightly annoying but you got used to it after a while.  Sometimes it was over-acted, mainly on Monaghan's part.  Val Kilmer did a great job and I think he played his part well.

Some good laughs, but overall a little confusing and I kind of kept wishing it would just wrap up already.  Clearly I lean toward chick flicks.  I'm not that interested in anything else.  That's a little sad.  Well, no, I like indie films, too.  I don't know.  Maybe if I had more patience for cinema it would be different, but I like TV shows because they are neatly 30 minutes or an hour.  Or at least it's just an installation, then you have to wait.  This is why the movie part of this challenge is so hard for me.

I digress....

Overall, I sort of enjoyed this film.  It was mysterious-ish, which is fine by me.  I didn't really figure it out but I wasn't really trying.  It was a decent Saturday night movie, and it kept my attention 90% of them time.

No comments:

Post a Comment