Friday, February 3, 2012

book 9

Single in Suburbia by Wendy Wax
368 pages

I enjoyed this book for what it was worth, though I had a hard time relating to the characters.  I liked them enough, and I wanted to keep reading, but I wasn't crazy hooked so much that I couldn't put it down.

Single in Suburbia is about three women - Amanda, Candace, and Brooke - and their respective relationships.  Amanda's husband has left her and their two teenage children for a young vixen named Tiffany.  Candace needs to learn to live her life for herself.  Brooke has a deep secret she's been hiding from everyone, her husband included.  The dynamic between the women and the men in their lives was believable mostly.  I was interested to keep reading and see how the story ended.

Overall, I think this was a decent book that met it's potential.  I think, honestly, that the fact that I couldn't relate to the characters is what hindered me from loving the book.  I don't know if I would recommend it, but probably it would be a fair recommendation for women a bit older than myself or ones who have families of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment