Thursday, February 23, 2012

movie 4

Just Go With It

So last night my mom asked me if she should get a movie from the Redbox for my visit.  I Googled some of my favorite actresses and this came up.  I had no idea what it was about, but it was vaguely familiar once I started watching it.

I really enjoyed this film!!! It was light, funny, and heart-warming.. Basically everything you expect from stars like Jennifer Aniston (don't hate me, but I adore her!) and Adam Sandler (who I can sort of take or leave, but more often than not I enjoy his performances).  Here's the thing: I'm really not into Sandler's comedic style.  I kind of get embarrassed for the characters when they are moronic, it doesn't make me laugh.  Now Sandler himself doesn't usually play that person but the characters surrounding him do.  This time, though, I found it bearable because the story was so cute although it was TOTALLY predictable.

Some things I liked a lot: chemistry between Aniston and Sandler was good!  As his assistant, Jen really connects with Adam, they play off each other and it's mostly believable.  Seriously also, Jennifer Aniston has a rockin body for a woman her age.  And she's still gorgeous.  Not that she's old but you know.  She's my favorite darling, so it's nice to see she's still fabulous post-Brad.  There is a scene later in the film when Dolf is in the hotel room and he has a swimmies tan, I almost died laughing there.  I don't know why.

As I said already I'm so not into the physical comedy (like giving a sheep CPR).  I really didn't like the Palmer character although I think I was supposed to.  She annoyed me.  A lot.  That's pretty much it.

I would DEFINITELY recommend Just Go With It to anyone looking for a mindless, funny, and heart-warming film that will please everyone.  It has enough testosterone and laughs for dudes and plenty of romance for the chick-flick connoisseur (such as myself!).  Lots of laughs, lots of smiles, and overall a nice time.

FOUR STARS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment