Sunday, February 26, 2012

book 14

It's a Waverly Life by Maria Murnane
262 pages

I loved Perfect on Paper, and I loved It's a Waverly Life, too!  The story picks up where Perfect on Paper left off.. Waverly has moved on to the next phase of her life, writing her column for the San Francisco Sun and producing her Honey Notes.  She and Jake are working on their long-distance relationship and things are not going as planned.  While perfect for each other, something holds Waverly back...

It's a Waverly Life has just the right amount of conflict, drama, sadness, and joy.  I read the book in under two days, it was just a real page-turner and I wanted to keep reading, even when it ended.  I know my book choices are highly superficial, but I like to think they are something of a sophisticated superficial.. I love love.  I can't help it.

Near the beginning of the book we meet Red, Waverly's new neighbor.  He is an elderly man who is very insightful and seems to always know just what to say.  While seemingly a minor character (we only meet him a handful of times), he is an integral part of the plot.  Every character in the book is likable, and you can't help but want them to be happy however that may happen.

Like Perfect on Paper, It's a Waverly Life reads like a movie.  In fact, it's really just like a sequel, filled with cameo appearances.  Kristina is back for one scene, Brad Cantor has one scene, etc.  It's nice to revisit these characters.  McKenna has also moved on to the next stage of her life, and plays a very minor role.  It's almost like they made the sequel, but the actors were busy and couldn't make the whole shoot..  And I'm okay with that.  The plot focused more an Waverly's growth, her dealing with change, and her coming into the woman she is and will be.  It was very fulfilling, and even left open for part three.  Which I am hoping beyond hope that Maria Murnane is at home, writing, right now.

I loved this book, and I would highly recommend it but only once you have read Perfect on Paper.  Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment