Saturday, February 25, 2012

movie 5

The Change-Up

This movie was... I don't know.  Kooky?  Bizarre?  Not for me?  I'm not sure.  I think I enjoyed it sometimes, but other times I was like "why am I still watching?" and I think the answer is because it cost $12 at the hotel.

The Change-Up is about two guys who claim to want each other's lives, and after peeing in a fountain their wishes come true.  Sounds like 14 other movies that have already been done, like that movie with Jamie Lee Curtis where she like changes lives with her daughter or whatever.  Way to be original.  Jason Bateman's character, Dave, is a successful lawyer about to make partner.  He is married with a little girl and twin babies.  While he has a great life, he wishes he could change with Ryan Reynolds' character, who is still smoking weed all day and living the life of a bachelor.  Reynolds' character, Mitch, is an actor.  As soon as they wake up in each other's bodies, they realize that it was a mistake.  Insanity ensues for like two hours.  It's ridiculous.  How come no one notices when normally even-keeled and mild-mannered Dave begins cursing like a sailor and acting like a crazy person?  I mean, the other switch is fine really, except that Dave has to do things that make him very uncomfortable.  I think if my boyfriend started acting like a whole different person it wouldn't just be something I'd raise an eyebrow out.  I'd be like "what the hell is wrong with you?".

There were a lot of boob scenes.  There was a lot of physical comedy.  I really think this movie was for dudes.  Not for me.  I mean, I don't think it was a total waste of time, but I wouldn't really recommend it to people who, like me, generally prefer chick flicks, romance, drama, etc.  But if you enjoy antic comedies, then this would probably be fun for you.  There were laughs throughout, though mostly there was a lot of disgust.  Like in the opening scene, when Dave goes to change a diaper and the baby squirts poop into his mouth.  Not at all believable and really not funny to me.  But I suppose there is a market (of teenage boys) out there for that kind of idiocy.

I would give this film 3 stars, and that is generous of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment